Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer is here, and the heat is startingt to swelter.  Luckily, we've got air conditioning.  However, this means that the work outside is less and the work inside is much, much more.  The garden is up and running, though we have to water twice a day in this heat.  We'll sit back and wait to dine on the fruits of our labors.  In the mean time, there is still sewing for Mumaroo.

Ah, sewing.  In the span of one day, I managed to knock out three dresses and post four.  I was pretty impressed with myself, if I do say so.  However, I have to admit to hating the following things: bias binding, grommets, and arm holes on doll dresses.  I love to create the patterns, though, and that keeps me going.



Mum will be doing curtains soon, and getting those up will be a welcome relief.  However, it means my time with the sewing has been curtailed.  I'll be sitting twidling my thumbs or being outside working with the horses in the heat.  think I'll brave the heat.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I Write: Part I

For the last few months, nearly a year in fact, I've been struggling like I never have before with my writing.  The months spent buried ...