Thursday, October 25, 2012

Skyfall

What is your Achilles Heel?  When you fall off the wagon of a diet, do you splurge on ice cream? Cake? Cookies?  Cheesecake?  Fried chicken? (Figured I should throw in something that wasn't purely dessert related)

What is mine?  Bread.

After ten days of healthy foods, with a brief track off for a free french fry, I suppose all that can be said is that I have fallen off the wagon.  It isn't unfixable.  My lunch and dinner plans are bound to be back on the straight and narrow, but now I have to wonder how long I need to eat well to counter for twelve hours of happy gluten gluttony.

First of all, there was the pizza I made myself.  The sauce was organic, low fat marinara with some browned mushrooms that I added, but I did put nearly an entire two cups on mozzarella on top. Dessert wasn't too bad, a slice of caramel apple, but then for breakfast, I fell off again.  How do you reward yourself after a job well done, or at least a job done?  Again, with the bread.  And so this morning, I had a cinnamon roll, maybe more than one.  Point is, by the end of the day, that Pillsbury packet of cinnamon rolls will probably be gone.  Like I said, will power is not my strongest suit, especially not when it comes to bread.

Does this mean I should have treated myself to a rice cake for finishing my project?  What would the point be in rewarding myself that way?  And when you fall off, do you fall off for a crumble or the whole slice?  I say, if you're going to do something, do it well.  Slices of cake, or in this case cinnamon rolls, don't fall off wagons every day.  I promise, truly, to get right back on tomorrow.  In the meantime, why waste perfectly good bread?  I'll just go on repressing my voice of reason, the angel on one shoulder can be silenced for twenty four hours, and the little devil and I can enjoy ourselves a little longer.

BlytheLea L.E.

P.S.  The Dixie Chicks theme is gone now.  I guess the sky would not fall for eating bread, but if nothing else, I love the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I Write: Part I

For the last few months, nearly a year in fact, I've been struggling like I never have before with my writing.  The months spent buried ...