Friday, September 26, 2014

With a Purpose

Rambling With a Purpose

So, thanks to the support and continued reminding (sort of like nagging, only much nicer), of my friends (shout out particularly to Jackie and Wendy) I can finally say I am a published author!!! And also a huge thanks to those who have already purchased my book.  It is such an odd, wonderful feeling to finally say I am an author when people ask what I do for a living.  Or I say I am a riding instructor, but saying I write and ride is so confusing.  Saying I ride and am an author, doesn't that just sound so much less so?  (input your own level of sarcasm)


As to the rest of the world, may I just say that while I love my family, it is incredibly stressful to have them visit.  Why do we all have to be worried about the state of our silver for family?  For visiting celebrities or dignitaries, yes, that might make sense,  but my family should be well aware  by now that my priorities are out in a barn and what goes on in the house is a long distant second.


In other news, my second book is now in the hands of my unofficial publicist.  After she reads through, and I make corrections, it will be out there for the whole wide world to see.  Not to mention book number three is in the formatting stages.  I don't know how the rest of the self publishing world has operated, but I have found that CreateSpace is far more user friendly than Lulu.  So, going forward, look for me on Amazon!  (And, yes, that was a shameless plug)


In the meantime, here's to many more rambles with no rhyme or reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I Write: Part I

For the last few months, nearly a year in fact, I've been struggling like I never have before with my writing.  The months spent buried ...