Saturday, October 4, 2014

Live and Let Die

In this ever changing world in which we live in (is that a line from a James Bond film?  I think it is...Live and Let Die), keeping up with the Jones' is near impossible.  I do not have full time internet access in my life.  Every morning may be spent at Starbucks, but that is a close as it gets.  The surface I have just been beginning to scratch when it comes to successful social marketing puts me on the short end of the stick.  

There are several key points that I have quickly come to notice.  1.) A lot of money can be poured into this life dream, but without a guarantee of any payback.  (Note: I do not have a lot of money.  I have a lot of horses) 2.) Social marketing is really an all day affair (See Note about having horses).  3.)There are far more people out there doing something similar to me.  It's downright awe inspiring and a touch depressing.  

And so here we are, well, here I am.  The odds are currently against me, but if there is one thing to learn from trying to attain the unattainable, it is that if you love what you're doing, then you're going to keep doing it.  I have joined no less than three chat groups, NaNoWriMo is just around the corner, and I'm trying to land a full time job.  If I can still squeeze in time to do the two things I love most in this world, then that will be what I determine success by.

In this ever changing world in which we live in, makes you give it a try, say live and let die. (Pretty sure that's not exact, it's paraphrasing.  What are the rules for citations on paraphrasing?  I write fiction, citations aren't really my forte.)

And finally, one last shameless plug for anyone who has made it this far in my blog.

 http://www.amazon.com/Caitiff-Academy-L-E-Gibler-ebook/dp/B00O2EQ8P6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1412446036&sr=8-2&keywords=l.e.+gibler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I Write: Part I

For the last few months, nearly a year in fact, I've been struggling like I never have before with my writing.  The months spent buried ...